Failed to load receiver assembly

SP2013

Hello everyone,

Today I will talk about a problem that appeared recently on one of my development environments.

Wishing test my package deployment phase, I found myself in front of the error

Error occurred in deployment step ‘Add Solution’: Failed to load receiver assembly “Assembly Signature” for feature ” MyProject _Provisioning_Web” (ID: GUID).: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly Assembly Signature ‘ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: Assembly Signature

   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection)

   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)

   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPFeatureDefinition.get_ReceiverObject()

 

(Of course the deployment through Visual Studio was done correctly … long live the “-force”)

At first glance, it is not able to find some files during deployment. After losing my hair myself for several hours I found this topic which provided me the solution => re-sign the package.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10195931/why-is-my-projects-assembly-missing-from-the-package-when-i-debug

I confess to being skeptical about the why, perhaps due to a problematic Visual Studio build process. Having the problem on a new project created on this environment I think the installation of the development server was not properly performed.

Hope this helps.

Christopher.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in SharePoint 2013 and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s