SharePoint 2013 – Certifications Final

SP2013


Hello everyone,

Today I’ll talk about the SharePoint 2013 certifications. I’ve done several posts about this, but today’s post is a link to an article written by Vlad Catrinescu.

He concatenates a lot of information about certifications, whether SharePoint 2013, Office 365, Yammer, BI and so on. For those who wish to certify, I strongly recommend it, this post is available here: http://absolute-sharepoint.com/2013/11/the-ultimate-guide-to-sharepoint-server-2013-certifications-v2.html?goback=%2Egde_4535703_member_5806787616963600384#%21

A little clarification on the MCSE SharePoint 2013, particularly regarding the MCSA. If you are MCITP SharePoint Administrator 2010 (having the two certifications administration SharePoint 2010) You can make the gateway to the MCSA by passing only the 70-417 certification. Be aware that SharePoint 2010 Administrator certifications will soon be removed. The announced date is currently July 2014 (this may change). If you want to go, do not delay!

More on exams scheduled to be retired here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/retired-certification-exams.aspx#item-ID0EIAAAABAAAAABA

Good reading and study!

Christopher.

Current user is not a Farm Administrator

SP2013

Hello everyone,

Today I’ll talk about a strange error that I recently had. When I tried to activate the feature “SharePoint Server Standard Web Application features” with a farm admin account via the central administration UI, I received the error message « provisioning did not succeed failed to provision the scheduling job definitions ».

Looking a little closer to the logs, I saw the error « the sppersistedobject could not be updated because the current user is not a farm administrator »

Trying unsuccessfully with several “farm admin” account, I switched to Powershell. In fact, activate the feature via PowerShell ran without any problems (with the same user)!

Reminder : activate the feature via PowerShell is done via the command « Enable-SPFeature » (more info there : http://technet.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/ff607803.aspx).

I remain skeptical about why this error message. I came across several sites describing a PowerShell script to use to resolve this issue (as here : http://unclepaul84.blogspot.com/2010/06/sppersistedobject-xxxxxxxxxxx-could-not.html) However, this script does not have worked for me (even after iisreset) and this is the kind of obscure manipulation that I would not allow myself in production.

I take this post to share a little trick. Know that you can easily retrieve the ID of a feature through the browser, for this just use the “developer tools” of Internet Explorer (or the equivalent in other browsers), tools accessible when pressing F12.

1

If you select “activate” (or deactivate) button and look at the “ID” of the div covering the button parameter, this parameter contains the id of the feature!

Hope this helps !

Christopher.