For years I have been working with SharePoint, I was surprised several times, but recently I faced a very confusing error, a site collection administrator who is faced with a message ” Vous n’avez pas des autorisations requises pour modifier cette liste “(which in English gives” You do not have adequate permissions to modify this list “).
The context is the following:
- A list of items on my SharePoint Foundation 2010 site that I want to export to Excel 2007
- Forms Based Authentication
And that is the problem! After some research, it seems that Office 2007 does not support forms based authentication!
I have not yet found a configuration that allows the user to not have to re-login but there is a workaround.
- The user connects to the site with his account.
- He must open an excel file on the site
- It will be prompt for his credentials, he must log and keep the document open.
- With the application still open, the export to excel will work.
I have done a test with Office 2013, when exporting to excel I have no error message but the login window that allows me to log and export.
Perhaps further configuration allows the user to do it without double authentication but I do not know yet!
Hope this helps!